Reverend John F. & Elizabeth White erected this house in 1893. White came to Colorado from England in 1876, took up mining in Black Hawk, and was a preacher at Silver Plume, Idaho Springs, Longmont, Golden, and Loveland before moving to Arvada in 1890 to lead the Methodist Church. He was credited with building four churches in Colorado prior to his arrival in Arvada and under his leadership the first Arvada Methodist Church was completed. He purchased 5 acres east of Wadsworth Boulevard fronting on Grandview and extending to Ralston.
This house was erected in 1904 by Christian and Mary Stocke. Mr. Stocke built the first north-south street east of Wadsworth which was originally called Stocke Avenue (Saulsbury). He also built a well which supplied houses on Stocke Avenue with water. The Stockes moved to Arvada from Ohio about 1902 and platted Stocke's Addition to Arvada. The 1920 U.S. Census indicates that Christian Stocke was a 75-year·old retired man born in Germany who lived here with his wife Mary, 70 years old, born in Ohio. By 1932, this was the home of Orville M. and Jeanne Moore. Mr.